What is a Business Server?
The business servers are especially made for people who use their account for business purposes. We understand that these users do not have the time to troubleshoot email, database and security issues, and cannot afford any problems on the server side. Therefore, we thoroughly monitor these servers in case there is any vulnerability within the accounts (and help the clients address and fix any issues, if applicable). We also limit the number of accounts on each business server depending on the resources available and resources taken per domain.
Issues reported by our Business users are resolved on a priority basis. Business accounts are also backed up daily and weekly for the best protection of website data.
Each account has its own unique IP address with a reverse DNS. Websites that have unique IP addresses are more stable and more reliable.
To make it even better for people whose whole business depends on their website’s performance, we have added some special business features too!
Less users, more resources
- Limited number of users are hosted on each Business server and they can use up to 10 times more resource than standard shared hosting users.
E-commerce ready with free SSL
- We provide you with a private SSL certificate free of charge. Thus you can collect online payments safely and easily. If you need to move a step higher the account can be transfered fast to a dedicated infrastructure.
- Your website receives not only more server resources, but also more human attention. The issues reported by our Business customers are solved with higher priority by our support team.
- Additional CPU and RAM gives you faster load times, more freedom over the types of programs you can run on your Business account and quicker database access. Affordability from sharing a powerful web server, without the usual constraints of shared web hosting.
What is a Website Security Bundle?
Get Total Website Security, Protect Your Website from hackers, malware, and other threats. Trust Seals and Daily Security Scanning from SiteLock.
- We will protect your website from various security problems, and shows your visitors that your site is safe.
- We will perform numerous scans of your website, finding security breaches including malware, email vulnerabilities, and other problems. When the various scans are complete and your business is verified, you can display the “SiteLock Secure” badge on your site, letting your visitors know that your site is officially safe and problem free.
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL Certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization’s details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Normally, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text—leaving you vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server they can see and use that information.
More specifically, SSL is a security protocol. Protocols describe how algorithms should be used; in this case, the SSL protocol determines variables of the encryption for both the link and the data being transmitted.
SSL secures millions of peoples’ data on the Internet every day, especially during online transactions or when transmitting confidential information. Internet users have come to associate their online security with the lock icon that comes with an SSL-secured website or green address bar that comes with an extended validation SSL-secured website. SSL-secured websites also begin with https rather than http.